Z-Axis screws are not perfectly vertical and cause rattle/ vibrations
The printer prints just fine and I am very very impressed with the quality it delivers!
Anyhow, I am having these very annoying vibratory sounds that happen at the top orange holders ("Z-axis top parts") of the smooth rod/ Z-axis screws (left and right). It happens each time the X-Axis changes directions quickly, letting the Z Axis wobble a tiny tiny bit. The Z-axis screws then touch the holders and makes a contact sound. During infill of a layer (with lots of X-Axis movement) the sound is very annoying!
I measured the distance of the smooth rod and the srew:
- at the motor level (bottom) it is 2.53 mm
- directy above the x-axis is is 2.54 mm
- at the z-axis top parts it is 2.61 mm
I tried to get the z-axis screws perfectly vertical by:
- turning the bottom z-axis motor holders as much as possible. There is not much play here
- turning the z-axis top parts as much as possible. There is not much play here either.
A quick and dirty fix is to use zip-ties to gently bring the smooth rod and the z-screw a bit together. But I would rather not use them and fix the root of the problem. What else could I do? Any help much appreciated! Thx!
Is this a good question?