One of my square nuts fell out and was missing by the time I got to this step. I agree that they could be inserted later in the process.
I too used a 7/64” bit to clean the hole out. It was still tight enough that I had to screw the filament in, but it was finally possible to get it in there.
This is another step where I had a nut that was not perfectly straight in the hole, the screw got cross-threaded, and the nut started spinning in the hole. I will use more care in the future, but some of the suggestions in the comments such as using a M3 standoff rather than a nut and/or using a longer screw do seem to be useful.
I don’t have anything new to say here, but wanted to reinforce that this step is extremely frustrating. It was the first time during the build that I had to resort to curse words. I ended up pulling the STL to make sure that hex nuts were actually intended rather than square nuts. There was enough vertical slop in the hole to allow the nut to sit at an angle, and the screw got cross-threaded. The nut spun through the plastic trap, and I couldn’t go either in or out with the screw. Eventually, I held the nut with needle nose pliers and my wife was able to remove the screw.
Same here. Received mine June 11.
Mine cracked along the layers while tightening the top screw. It seems to still be solid enough, so I’m hoping to be able to print a replacement once the printer is up and running.